Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    well, has gone back to his Christian ways. here is a song from the latest WASP album and a quote from Blackie

    On not playing "Animal (**** Like A Beast)" live anymore:

    Blackie: "We haven't done that song for several years. And it's totally because of my religious faith, and it's something that I don't want to do anymore, and I will never play that song again.

    "What can I do to be a positive influence? So I'm looking at what I'm doing and I'm trying to create the best example that I can. I don't want 13-year-olds going around singing that song. If that's something they wanna do later in their life, that's their business. But, like I said, it's a question of faith and the religious conviction that I have."

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77JjJhkDxs]YouTube - WASP - Godless Run[/ame]

    GODLESS RUN

    Lost on this road to be
    Someone I would find
    Pride for the fall to be
    The heart becomes blind
    I rise my eyes to see
    A mirror that lied to me
    Find time's gone and made me be
    Afraid of the younger man
    I used to be

    I did not run to you
    Lost on my road of ruin
    I did not run to you
    In my Godless run

    Long had I gone to be
    A slave to my eyes
    Lost at that cross to kneel
    Amazing grace saved my life

    No, I cannot breath no more
    No, I cannot breath no more
    No, I cannot feel for sure
    No, no I cannot breath no more

    Oh how long Lord
    Did I kneel at the crossroads and run
    Oh, bow down now
    My king, my God I come

    Oh I will not run from you
    Lost on my road of ruin
    No I will not run from you
    In my Godless run
    No, no I will not run
    I'll not run, I will not run
    Oh no, no I will not run from you
    Oh no my Godless run
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    Their name is WASP, how far could you really get away from it when it's your name?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    W.A.S.P
    We
    Are
    Satans
    People

    or so goes the old saying along with

    K.I.S.S:
    Knights
    In
    Satans
    Service
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    I assumed what WASP has always meant when I heard it, "White Anglo-Saxon Protestants", assumed that's what it was when I seen it...it definitely comes off as something they were going for. Though those "Satan" names are never true, funny when uptight religious soak it up and actually hate the bands because of those rumors about the names.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZb3Xya7jQ8"]YouTube - Wasp - I Wanna Be Somebody[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsoLb-E7oy8&feature=related"]YouTube - W.A.S.P. - Wild Child[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifRjyISMxZM&feature=related"]YouTube - WASP - Hold On To My Heart[/ame]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P25hBk8LmUM&feature=related"]YouTube - W.A.S.P. - Forever Free[/ame]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    I am shocked into disbelief.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    Good news For blackie

    White Anglo-Saxon Protestants I never heard that on before

    Wild Child is a killer song Video was pretty cool to.
    GO VOLS

  9. #9
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    lol, I love 80's bands and their "satanic" names

    my fav is of course!

    SLAYER

    Satan Laughs As You Eternally Rot

    oh my.

    Check out Burzum, Darkthrone, or anything from Norway.

    I never got into chick metal. Bands who played and it seemed to be "sex music" I dunno, Motley Crue, WASP etc. I mean I like hair metal, a great deal. I just dunno have a hard time finding anything evil about those bands.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: W.A.S.P (Blackie Lawless) now a Christian

    Only thing evil about most bands is what idiots make up about them.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •